Monday, May 10, 2010

repurpose






Why would anyone need a driveway that can fit 5 cars? I don't. I recently had my husband build some large boxes on part of our driveway for a vegetable garden. We purchased the lumber from the Rebuilding Center on North Mississippi and filled the boxes with topsoil and added all organic amendments. I just started planting over the last couple of days and I can't wait until I can actually start eating some of the things planted! I have 3 different cauliflowers, golden beets, christmas lima beans, walla walla sweet onions, cosmic purple carrots and about a dozen more things so far.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone took a little time, money and creativity and made their own garden? Wouldn't it be great if we were all more self sufficient and lived more sustainable lives? I'm challenging myself. I've always felt that I do a good job at being "green" but I think I can do better.

1 comment:

  1. Snoochie Boochie, I love reading your page! You write very well and pose some very interesting questions that everyone should take into consideration. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete