Monday, September 20, 2010

time off


I've been on vacation to the south. I'm spending time with my brother, his girlfriend, their soon to be son, Gavin and their dog in Nashville along with my mom. Yesterday, on a short but very long road trip we made it to Arkansas. My family is from a small town there and as a child, this is where I took my vacations. In the photo is one of my younger cousins holding a magnolia seed. We had gone to my great grandparents house to find that is was no longer there. We rummaged the property to see if there was anything left. My great grandmother's sugar bowl top was there, in the dirt, with little pink roses painted all over it. It was a very sad moment for our family as we all talked about how often we had been there and what the house had looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment