Friday, August 6, 2010

fresh start


I sold my soul for money. Today is my first day of being unemployed. I had worked for large corporations for years and now it's my time to do some things that I love. Life isn't about making money and seeing how much stuff you can accumulate. It's about experiences and seeing beauty in everyday simple life. Today, I woke up, drank a few cups of coffee after taking care of the dogs and the chickens, spent an hour watering my garden, started some spaghetti sauce, made hummus, cleaned my house, cleaned the chicken coop and took my dogs on a walk. Life is not about running around trying to fit as much in as you can. You should stop, take a deep breath and enjoy yourself. I will be posting my daily activities of unemployment for all to see. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment